Fees are reasonable and payable in cash, check or credit card. Clients have the option of submitting their receipt to their insurance carriers for partial or full reimbursement.
Bob Kupferman fulfills the requirements of New York State Insurance Law as a reimbursable psychotherapist.
Bob Kupferman is a New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in good standing authorized to provide psychotherapy treatment.
See: License for Robert Paul Kupferman, LCSW
Psychotherapist: In private practice, Bob has treated over a thousand clients using hypnosis since 1999.
Board of Directors: New York Milton H. Erickson Society for Psychology and Hypnosis (NYSEPH). Bob is past president and past treasurer of the most highly regarded clinical hypnosis training institute in the Metropolitan NYC area.
Training Instructor: New York Milton H. Erickson Society for Psychology and Hypnosis (NYSEPH): Clinical Hypnosis Instructor since 2009.
Medical Staff Hypnotherapist: St. Vincent's Hospital Manhattan (2002-2010).
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Bob was part of a specilized team of trauma experts in the Hospital's Behavioral Health Department's highly regarded Trauma and Wellness Unit. He treated hundreds of patients afflicted with trauma including domestic violence and sexual abuse.
- September 11 attack: Bob treated dozens of rescue and recovery workers including police officers, firefighters, emergency and volunteer workers. Bob was very effective when using hypnosis to reduce the trauma symptoms of evacuees and those who lost loved ones that day.
- Hurricane Katrina: Bob Kupferman was a member of a select team of medical staff deployed to Louisiana to work with survivors of Hurricane Katrina.
- Wounded Warrior Project: Bob was deployed as the hospital's staff hypnotherapist to treat wounded combat survivors on several military bases under the auspices of the reknown Wounded Warrior Project.
- At St. Vincent's it had been said many times: "Hypnosis works, send them to Bob."
Education and Training
- Columbia University: Master of Science in Social Work
- New York Hypnosis Institute: Basic hypnosis training
- New York Milton H. Erickson Society for Psychology and Hypnosis (NYSEPH): Advanced clinical hypnosis
- EMDR Institute: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic training
- Albert Ellis Institute: Rational-Emotive and Cognitive-Behavioral: Training in theory and techniques
- St. Vincent's Hospital Manhattan: Auricular acupuncture
- New York Milton H. Erickson Society for Psychotherapy and Hypnosis (NYSEPH): See referrals
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Medical Reserve Corps: On call volunteer rescue worker skilled to provide psychological first aid during incidents of mass emergency.